Ammonium Persulfate Solution, 250 mL
This 10% w/v Ammonium Persulfate Solution (APS) is an effective, water-based, macro etching solution for mild steel, carbon steel, and their weldments. This formula is listed in Table 5 of ASTM standard E 340.
Due to the fact that this solution will decay and lose its strength slowly after mixing, we only make it upon request. Please allow 1 business day to fill the order. The shelf life of this product is short. Our test showed that it’s still effective for weld inspection 6 months after mixing.
- Swab or immerse the specimen few seconds to a minute until there is a clear definition of the structure in the weld. Rinse and dry.
- Immerse copper or bronze specimen 3-60s, can be heated to increase activity.
- Store this solution in a cool place, away from direct sunlight. If possible, store in a refrigerator at 4 ºC.
- If the container starts to swell, twist and open the cap slowly to release the gas. Inspect the contain periodically.
- The shelf life of this product is 6 months.
Nalgene® Leakproof Bottles, HDPE.
|Dimensions||4.4 × 2.7 × 6.5 in|
All prices are in $USD.
Overnight and UPS collect available.
Commercial shipping address required.