Nital Etch, 2%, 500 mL
8 or more $44.38 each
Nital Etch is the most common metallographic etchant for etching mild steel, carbon steels, and low alloy steels. It can also etch cast irons and some tool steels. The 2% Nital is the most popular percentage of Nital. It provides an optimum etching rate and is safe to store. This product is made with ACS reagent grade nitric acid and methanol, and its formula is listed in ASTM E 407 as formula number 74 “Nital”.
Immerse or swab the polished surface few seconds to a minute. Keep the lid tightly closed after each use to avoid alcohol evaporation.
- Darken martensite.
- Attack ferrite and outlines ferrite boundaries.
- Will not attack austenite or carbides.
- Enhance the carbide/matrix interfaces.
- Show grain size, grain flow, and alloy segregation banding.
- Reveal hardened case, white layer, and decarburization layer.
Nalgene® Leakproof Bottle, HDPE.
California Proposition 65 WARNING: This product contains methanol which is known to the State of California to cause reproductive harm.
|Dimensions||4.4 × 3.5 × 6.5 in|
You may also like…
All prices are in $USD.
Overnight and UPS collect available.
Commercial shipping address required.