Super Picral, 500 mL
Super Picral is a modified version of Picral Etch. It has 4% picric acid and a few drops of hydrochloric acid in ethanol. It’s designed for etching heat-treated steels with more than 0.5% of chromium.
- Option: To further increase the etching speed of this saturated solution, we can add a wetting agent, zephiran chloride, to lower the surface energy at the sample-etchant interface, thus influencing etching action.
- Immerse or swab the sample for a few seconds to a minute or more.
- Close the lid after each use to avoid alcohol evaporation.
- Do not let the solution crystallize or dry out completely. Inspect the content periodically and add solvent as needed. Please consult SDS for more information.
- This product will stain skin and clothing. When rinsing the sample after etching, it is advisable to rinse in water to remove the bulk of the etchant, and then immerse the sample in a beaker of alcohol, followed by ﬂushing the surface with alcohol from a squeeze bottle.
- For prior-austenite grain boundaries study, please use the other product.
- Discard after 1 year.
Nalgene® Leakproof Bottle, HDPE.
California Proposition 65 WARNING: This product contains methanol which is known to the State of California to cause reproductive harm.
|Dimensions||4.4 × 3.5 × 6.5 in|
You may also like…
All prices are in $USD.
Overnight and UPS collect available.
Commercial shipping address required.